Villanova was clipped by No. 7 Syracuse 72-61 in conference play on Saturday, January 12th. The Wildcats got a double-double out of Mouphtaou Yarou with 11 points and 14 rebounds. Achraf Yacoubou scored eight points and added four rebounds. C.J. Fair got a game-high 22 points and five rebounds for the Orange. Villanova (10-4, 2-1 Big East) welcomes Pittsburgh (13-4, 1-3 Big East) on Wednesday, January 16th.
Villanova Game Notes
- Villanova started 11-5 during the 2006, 2002, 2000, and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- Villanova beat the spread by 4.0 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Wildcats have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, Villanova played 48 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 19-29.
- Villanova has lost 80% of the time this season (1-4) after recording 61 or fewer total points.
- Villanova has been outshot by their opponents in three-point percentage for the past 4 games.
- This is the 3rd loss of the season where the Wildcats opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Mouphtaou Yarou recorded a team season high in rebounds with 14.
- Mouphtaou Yarou accounted for 35.0% of the team's rebounds.
- JayVaughn Pinkston has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 16 games this season.
- Mouphtaou Yarou has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 16 games this season.
- Mouphtaou Yarou recorded the 24th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Mouphtaou Yarou recorded a double-double. It was his 2nd this season and 16th of his career.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for James Bell.
- JayVaughn Pinkston has 8 straight double-digit point games.
Syracuse Game Notes
- Syracuse won, but did not cover the spread.
- C.J. Fair accounted for 30.5% of the team's points.
- C.J. Fair has led the team in scoring 6 times in 17 games this season.
- This marks the 4th 20-point game of C.J. Fair's career.
- C.J. Fair has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- C.J. Fair set a career high with 4 blocks.