(11-5, 5-3 away)
(7) Syracuse 72
(16-1, 12-0 home)
Venue: Carrier Dome
12:00PM ET / 9:00AM PT, January 12, 2013
||J Pinkston 13
||M Yarou 6
||R Arcidiacono 3
||B Triche 14
||C Fair 7
||M Carter-Williams 9
No. 7 Syracuse beat Villanova 72-61 in Big East play on Saturday, January 12th. C.J. Fair played brilliantly for the Orange and got a game-high 22 points and five rebounds. Jerami Grant also had a strong showing, scoring a season-high 13 points and adding five rebounds. Mouphtaou Yarou recorded a double-double for the Wildcats on 11 points and 14 rebounds. The Orange are on a five-game win streak. The next game will be on Saturday, January 19th when Syracuse (16-1, 4-0 Big East) travels to third-ranked Louisville (14-1, 2-0 Big East).
Syracuse Game Notes
- Syracuse started 16-1 during the 2009, 2008, and 2004 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Villanova extended the Syracuse winning streak to 6 games.
- The Orange have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Syracuse has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 2nd win of the season where the Orange came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--SU has a 27.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- C.J. Fair accounted for 30.5% of the team's points.
- C.J. Fair has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 17 games this season.
- This marks the 4th 20-point game of C.J. Fair's career.
- C.J. Fair has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- C.J. Fair had a career high with 4 blocks.
Villanova Game Notes
- Mouphtaou Yarou recorded a team season high in rebounds with 14.
- Mouphtaou Yarou accounted for 35.0% of the team's rebounds.
- JayVaughn Pinkston has led the team in scoring 5 times in 16 games this season.
- Mouphtaou Yarou has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 16 games this season.
- Mouphtaou Yarou recorded the 24th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Mouphtaou Yarou recorded a double-double. It was his 2nd this season and 16th of his career.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for James Bell.
- JayVaughn Pinkston has 8 straight double-digit point games.