(5) Minnesota 81
(15-2, 3-1 away)
(5) Indiana 88
(15-1, 11-1 home)
Venue: Assembly Hall (IN)
12:00PM ET / 9:00AM PT, January 12, 2013
||A Hollins 14
||T Mbakwe 8
||A Hollins 3
||C Zeller 16
||C Zeller 7
||K Ferrell 5
On Saturday, January 12th, No. 8 Minnesota came up short against No. 5 Indiana 88-81 in conference play. The Golden Gophers now have a record of 3-2 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. Trevor Mbakwe earned a double-double in the loss with 13 points and 10 rebounds. Andre Hollins was active from three-point range, going 5 for 12 to get to a game-high 25 points overall (4 Stl 3 Ast). For the Hoosiers, Cody Zeller finished with 18 points and six rebounds. The next game will be on Thursday, January 17th when Minnesota (15-2, 3-1 Big Ten) welcomes second-ranked Michigan (16-0, 3-0 Big Ten).
Minnesota Game Notes
- Minnesota beat the spread by 0.5 points. That makes the 11th time this season the Golden Gophers have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, Minnesota played 46 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 14-32.
- The Golden Gophers set a season high for three-pointers.
- The last time Minnesota recorded at least 11 three-pointers was Mar 08, 2012 against Northwestern.
- Minnesota set season lows for free throws made and rebounds.
- The Golden Gophers have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 10 games.
- Andre Hollins recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 20 and three pointers attempted with 12.
- Andre Hollins accounted for 30.8% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Trevor Mbakwe and Austin Hollins) accounted for 44.1% of the rebounds.
- Andre Hollins has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 17 games this season.
- Trevor Mbakwe has led the team in rebounding in 9 out of 17 games this season.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Andre Hollins's career.
- Andre Hollins had a career high with 4 steals.
- Trevor Mbakwe recorded the 32nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Trevor Mbakwe recorded a double-double. It was his 5th this season and 28th of his career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Joe Coleman.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Rodney Williams.
Indiana Game Notes
- Indiana won, but did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Victor Oladipo and Jordan Hulls) accounted for 44.3% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Christian Watford and Cody Zeller) accounted for 41.6% of the rebounds.
- Victor Oladipo has led the team in scoring 4 times in 16 games this season.
- Christian Watford has led the team in rebounding 7 times in 16 games this season.
- Christian Watford has 9 straight double-digit point games.
- Cody Zeller has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Victor Oladipo's career.
- Victor Oladipo has 14 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Victor Oladipo.
- Victor Oladipo set a career high with 8 field goals made.