(5) Minnesota 81
(15-2, 3-1 away)
(5) Indiana 88
(15-1, 11-1 home)
Venue: Assembly Hall (IN)
12:00PM ET / 9:00AM PT, January 12, 2013
||A Hollins 14
||T Mbakwe 8
||A Hollins 3
||C Zeller 16
||C Zeller 7
||K Ferrell 5
No. 5 Indiana squared off with No. 8 Minnesota on Saturday, January 12th and beat the Golden Gophers 88-81 in Big Ten play. With the win, the Hoosiers remain unbeaten versus AP-Ranked teams at 2-0 for the season. Cody Zeller had an impressive game for the Hoosiers and put up 18 points and six rebounds. Victor Oladipo also had a great game, scoring a season-high 20 points and adding six rebounds. Trevor Mbakwe registered a double-double for the Golden Gophers on 13 points and 10 rebounds. The Hoosiers are on a five-game win streak. Indiana (15-1, 3-0 Big Ten) welcomes Wisconsin (11-4, 2-0 Big Ten) on Tuesday, January 15th.
Indiana Game Notes
- Indiana started 15-1 during the 2011 and 2007 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Minnesota extended the Indiana winning streak to 6 games.
- Prior to this game, IU played 41 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 9-32.
- The Hoosiers have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 6 games.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--IU has a 34.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Victor Oladipo and Jordan Hulls) accounted for 44.3% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Christian Watford and Cody Zeller) accounted for 41.6% of the rebounds.
- Victor Oladipo has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 16 games this season.
- Christian Watford has led the team in rebounding in 7 out of 16 games this season.
- Christian Watford has 9 straight double-digit point games.
- Cody Zeller has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Victor Oladipo's career.
- Victor Oladipo has 14 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Victor Oladipo.
- Victor Oladipo had a career high with 8 field goals made.
Minnesota Game Notes
- Andre Hollins recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 20 and three pointers attempted with 12.
- Andre Hollins accounted for 30.8% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Trevor Mbakwe and Austin Hollins) accounted for 44.1% of the rebounds.
- Andre Hollins has led the team in scoring 5 times in 17 games this season.
- Trevor Mbakwe has led the team in rebounding 9 times in 17 games this season.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Andre Hollins's career.
- Andre Hollins set a career high with 4 steals.
- Trevor Mbakwe recorded the 32nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Trevor Mbakwe recorded a double-double. It was his 5th this season and 28th of his career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Joe Coleman.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Rodney Williams.