(8-8, 3-7 away)
Georgia State 83
(6-11, 5-5 home)
Venue: GSU Sports Arena
12:00PM ET / 9:00AM PT, January 12, 2013
||D Saddler 20
||J Hagins 11
||D Saddler 2
||R Hunter 15
||M Atkins 6
||D White 3
On Saturday, January 12th, Georgia State dropped a close one to Delaware 86-83 in conference play. Devonta White put up 18 points plus six assists for the Panthers. R.J. Hunter also had a good outing, scoring 15 points and adding eight rebounds. Devon Saddler finished with a game-high 29 points and six rebounds for the Fightin' Blue Hens. Georgia State (6-11, 1-3 CAA) takes on William & Mary (7-7, 1-2 CAA) on Wednesday, January 16th on their home court.
Georgia State Game Notes
- The last time GSU started the season 6-11 was 1996.
- The Panthers have been unlucky 6 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Georgia State has lost 46 close games.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 51.9% or better this season, Georgia State has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 6 or more blocks this season, Georgia State has lost 100% of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition records 27 or more field goals made this season, Georgia State has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- The Panthers set a season high for free throws made.
- The last time GSU recorded at least 20 free throws made was Mar 02, 2012 against Hofstra.
- GSU set a season low for steals.
- This is the 3rd loss of the season where the Panthers opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--GSU has a 1.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Manny Atkins and Devonta White) accounted for 45.7% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (R.J. Hunter and Devonta White) accounted for 41.9% of the rebounds.
- Manny Atkins has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 17 games this season.
- R.J. Hunter has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 17 games this season.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Manny Atkins's career.
- Manny Atkins has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Devonta White has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- R.J. Hunter has 7 straight double-digit point games.
Delaware Game Notes
- The Fightin' Blue Hens won this one, but have lost 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Delaware has lost 32 close games.
- Devon Saddler accounted for 33.7% of the team's points.
- Devon Saddler has led the team in scoring 11 times in 16 games this season.
- Jamelle Hagins has led the team in rebounding 14 times in 16 games this season.
- Jarvis Threatt has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 26th 20-point game of Devon Saddler's career.
- Devon Saddler has 3 straight 20+ point games.
- Devon Saddler set a career high with a 71% field goal percentage.