(12-3, 3-2 away)
(13-4, 12-2 home)
Venue: Petersen Events Center
12:00PM ET / 9:00AM PT, January 12, 2013
||V Blue 13
||D Gardner 5
||J Cadougan 4
||T Zanna 12
||S Adams 6
||T Woodall 5
Although they were big underdogs on Saturday, January 12th, Marquette won on the road versus Pittsburgh 74-67 in overtime. Vander Blue was exceptional for the Golden Eagles and put up a season-high 22 points and four assists. Jamil Wilson had 11 points and added four rebounds. Lamar Patterson got a career-high 22 points (4 Reb 3 Ast) for the Panthers, making 6 of 7 from three-point range. Next up for Marquette (12-3, 3-0 Big East) is Seton Hall (12-4, 1-2 Big East) on Wednesday, January 16th on their home court.
Marquette Game Notes
- Marquette started 12-3 during the 2011, 2002, 2001, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Pittsburgh extended the Marquette winning streak to 5 games.
- Marquette beat the spread by 17.0 points. That makes the 5th time this season the Golden Eagles have beaten the spread.
- Marquette has played in 2 overtime games this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Golden Eagles have played in 10 overtime games with a record of 6-4.
- The Golden Eagles have won 4 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Marquette has won 29 close games.
- The Golden Eagles have won 100% of the time this season (7-0) after recording 74 or more total points.
- Marquette has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when its had a three-point percentage of 33.3% or better.
- Marquette has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after committing 12 or fewer turnovers.
- Marquette has won 89% of the time this season (8-1) after holding an opponent to under 39.7% field goal percentage.
- This season Marquette has won 100% of the time (8-0) when Davante Gardner has 13 points or more and 89% of the time (8-1) when Jamil Wilson has 4 field goals made or more.
- The Golden Eagles have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 8 games.
- Marquette has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- Vander Blue recorded a team season high in points with 22.
- The top two scorers (Vander Blue and Davante Gardner) accounted for 47.2% of the points.
- Vander Blue has led the team in scoring in 7 out of 15 games this season.
- Davante Gardner has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 15 games this season.
- This marks the 5th 20-point game of Vander Blue's career.
- Vander Blue has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Davante Gardner has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Davante Gardner had a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Jamil Wilson.
Pittsburgh Game Notes
- Pittsburgh lost and did not cover the spread.
- The Panthers have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Pittsburgh has lost 21 close games.
- Lamar Patterson recorded a team season high in three-pointers with 6.
- Lamar Patterson accounted for 32.8% of the team's points.
- Lamar Patterson has led the team in scoring 3 times in 17 games this season.
- Steven Adams has led the team in rebounding 6 times in 17 games this season.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for James Robinson.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Lamar Patterson's career.
- Lamar Patterson set career highs with 22 points and 6 three-pointers.
|C||S. Taylor Jr.||5||0||2||0||1||0||0|