(12-3, 3-2 away)
(13-4, 12-2 home)
Venue: Petersen Events Center
12:00PM ET / 9:00AM PT, January 12, 2013
||V Blue 13
||D Gardner 5
||J Cadougan 4
||T Zanna 12
||S Adams 6
||T Woodall 5
Entering the game as a 10-point favorite, Pittsburgh lost in front of the home crowd against Marquette 74-67 in overtime. The Panthers were led by Lamar Patterson, who put up a career-high 22 points (4 Reb 3 Ast), with 18 coming from three-point range. James Robinson had 12 points. For the Golden Eagles, Vander Blue got a season-high 22 points and four assists. Next up for Pittsburgh (13-4, 1-3 Big East) is Villanova (10-3, 2-0 Big East) on Wednesday, January 16th on the road.
Pittsburgh Game Notes
- Pittsburgh has played in 2 overtime games this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Panthers have played in 9 overtime games with a record of 7-2.
- The Panthers have been unlucky 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Pittsburgh has lost 21 close games.
- Pittsburgh has lost 75% of the time this season (1-3) after recording 23 or fewer field goals made.
- The Panthers set a season high for blocks.
- The last time Pittsburgh recorded at least 8 blocks was Nov 22, 2011 against La Salle.
- The Panthers have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 17 games.
- Pittsburgh has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--Pittsburgh has a 21.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Lamar Patterson recorded a team season high in three-pointers with 6.
- Lamar Patterson accounted for 32.8% of the team's points.
- Lamar Patterson has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 17 games this season.
- Steven Adams has led the team in rebounding in 6 out of 17 games this season.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for James Robinson.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Lamar Patterson's career.
- Lamar Patterson had career highs with 22 points and 6 three-pointers.
Marquette Game Notes
- The Golden Eagles won this one, but have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Marquette has lost 27 close games.
- Vander Blue recorded a team season high in points with 22.
- The top two scorers (Vander Blue and Davante Gardner) accounted for 47.2% of the points.
- Vander Blue has led the team in scoring 7 times in 15 games this season.
- Davante Gardner has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 15 games this season.
- This marks the 5th 20-point game of Vander Blue's career.
- Vander Blue has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Davante Gardner has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Davante Gardner set a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Jamil Wilson.
|C||S. Taylor Jr.||5||0||2||0||1||0||0|