(11-5, 1-4 away)
(9-6, 7-3 home)
Venue: Littlejohn Coliseum
12:00PM ET / 9:00AM PT, January 12, 2013
||J Harris 15
||A Mitchell 9
||J Evans 3
||D Booker 12
||D Booker 8
||R Hall 3
Virginia was destroyed by Clemson 59-44 in conference play on Saturday, January 12th. The game got away from Virginia in the second half after they trailed by just four points heading into the locker room. Joe Harris put up a team-high 14 points and five rebounds in the Cavaliers loss. Akil Mitchell scored seven points and added nine rebounds. Milton Jennings recorded a double-double for the Tigers with a season-high 21 points and 11 rebounds. He made 5 of 8 from three-point range. Virginia (11-5, 1-2 ACC) gets Florida State (10-5, 2-0 ACC) at home on Saturday, January 19th.
Virginia Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 7:37 left to go.
- Virginia started 11-5 during the 2007, 1999, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- Virginia has lost 75% of the time this season (1-3) after recording 11 or fewer assists.
- When the opposition records 59 or more total points this season, Virginia has lost 80% of the time (1-4).
- UVA set season lows for field goals made, free throws made, rebounds, and total points.
- The Cavaliers have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Joe Harris accounted for 31.8% of the team's points.
- Akil Mitchell accounted for 39.1% of the team's rebounds.
- Joe Harris has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 16 games this season.
- Akil Mitchell has led the team in rebounding in 12 out of 16 games this season.
- Joe Harris has 6 straight double-digit point games.
Clemson Game Notes
- Milton Jennings recorded a team season high in three-pointers with 5 and three pointers attempted with 8.
- Milton Jennings accounted for 35.5% of the team's points.
- Milton Jennings accounted for 37.9% of the team's rebounds.
- Milton Jennings has led the team in scoring 5 times and in rebounding 5 times in 15 games this season.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Milton Jennings's career.
- Milton Jennings recorded a double-double. It was his 1st this season and 6th of his career.
- Milton Jennings set career highs with 7 field goals made, 5 three-pointers, and 9 defensive rebounds.
- Devin Booker has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Rod Hall set a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.