(11-5, 1-4 away)
(9-6, 7-3 home)
Venue: Littlejohn Coliseum
12:00PM ET / 9:00AM PT, January 12, 2013
||J Harris 15
||A Mitchell 9
||J Evans 3
||D Booker 12
||D Booker 8
||R Hall 3
Clemson easily got past Virginia 59-44 in ACC play on Saturday, January 12th. This one was close at the half, with Clemson leading 24-20. They pulled away in the second half and won by a big margin. The Tigers got a double-double out of Milton Jennings with a season-high 21 points and 11 rebounds. Milton Jennings also put up 15 points from three-point range. Devin Booker also had a good outing, scoring 15 points and adding nine rebounds. For the Cavaliers, Joe Harris got a team-high 14 points and five rebounds. Next up for Clemson (9-6, 1-2 ACC) is Wake Forest (8-6, 1-1 ACC) on Tuesday, January 15th on their home court.
Clemson Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 7:37 left to go.
- Clemson started 9-6 during the 2011 and 2000 seasons (since 1996).
- Clemson beat the spread by 15.0 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Tigers have beaten the spread.
- Clemson has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when its had a field goal percentage of 51.5% or better.
- The Tigers have won 88% of the time this season (7-1) after recording 12 or more assists.
- Clemson has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 44 or fewer total points.
- Clemson has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after holding an opponent to under 35.4% field goal percentage.
- Clemson set a season low for steals.
- The Tigers have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 8th game at home this season--Clemson has a 14.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Milton Jennings recorded a team season high in three-pointers with 5 and three pointers attempted with 8.
- Milton Jennings accounted for 35.5% of the team's points.
- Milton Jennings accounted for 37.9% of the team's rebounds.
- Milton Jennings has led the team in scoring 5 times and in rebounding 5 times in 15 games this season.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Milton Jennings's career.
- Milton Jennings recorded a double-double. It was his 1st this season and 6th of his career.
- Milton Jennings had career highs with 7 field goals made, 5 three-pointers, and 9 defensive rebounds.
- Devin Booker has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Rod Hall had a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
Virginia Game Notes
- Virginia lost and did not cover the spread.
- Joe Harris accounted for 31.8% of the team's points.
- Akil Mitchell accounted for 39.1% of the team's rebounds.
- Joe Harris has led the team in scoring 10 times in 16 games this season.
- Akil Mitchell has led the team in rebounding 12 times in 16 games this season.
- Joe Harris has 6 straight double-digit point games.