In their last match-up on January 10th, Dave Sobolewski put up 18 points and 5 assists as the Wildcats ran it up on Penn State 70-54. He is averaging 11.5 points per game and leads the team in assists with 4.5 per game. The Hawkeyes were defeated by Michigan State 62-59 on January 10th despite 14 points from Melsahn Basabe. He contributes 3.8 rebounds per game in addition to his 7.0 points per game.
- The Northwestern three-point leader (Dave Sobolewski) has more three-pointers than the Iowa three-point leader (Roy Devyn Marble).
- Alex Olah is ranked 10th in the Big Ten in blocks.
- At least you keep showing up. Northwestern has an average margin of victory of 9 over Iowa in 15 wins since 1980.
- Dave Sobolewski is ranked 8th in the Big Ten in three-pointers and 5th in the Big Ten in assists.
- The Northwestern basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Iowa (90% vs 55%).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Northwestern currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (984 to 947) than Iowa, per the NCAA.
- Northwestern has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.586 to 0.451).
- Northwestern players are more experienced than Iowa players (12,622 minutes played vs 11,094 minutes played).
- We just win. Northwestern has more wins over the last 5 years than Iowa (93 vs 78).
- Northwestern has a much better NCSA Academic Ranking than Iowa (#12 vs #71).
- Northwestern beat Iowa by 4 points the last time they played (Mar 03, 2012).