The 18 points by Trey Burke helped the Wolverines to a 62-47 cakewalk over Nebraska on January 9th. He contributes team-best marks with 18.0 points per game, 7.1 assists per game, and 1.2 steals per game. For the Buckeyes, Deshaun Thomas finished with 22 points and 7 rebounds in the 74-64 win over Purdue on January 8th. With 20.3 points per game and 6.6 rebounds per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Ohio State StatSmack
- We make our fans proud. Michigan has a better record at home than Ohio State this season (9-0 vs 8-1).
- Obviously, AP Voters agree that Michigan is superior to Ohio State (Latest AP Poll: #2 vs #8).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Michigan has a stronger schedule than Ohio State this season (SOS Rank: #30 vs #152).
- Michigan has a much better NCSA Power Ranking than Ohio State (#24 vs #53).
- Michigan has a much better Kiplinger Out-of-State Ranking than Ohio State (#34 vs #47).
- Michigan has a much lower admission rate (more selective) according to Kiplinger (50% vs 76%).
- Tim Hardaway Jr is ranked 8th in the Big Ten in points.
- Even computers respect Michigan more. We have a better RPI this season than Ohio State (RPI: #2 vs #45).
- Nik Stauskas is ranked 14th nationally in three-pointers.
- Michigan players are more experienced than Ohio State players (9,502 minutes played vs 9,439 minutes played).
- Ohio State has to pay up to win. The coach for Michigan has a much lower base salary than Ohio State ($1,600,000 vs $2,555,000).