In a 63-58 triumph over Fairfield on January 11th, Erik Etherly put up 20 points and 5 rebounds for the Greyhounds. In addition to his 15.5 points per game, he is also chipping in 6.8 rebounds per game. In a 69-60 victory over Manhattan on January 10th, Derrick Stewart put up 22 points and 16 rebounds for the Broncs. He contributes 2.8 rebounds per game in addition to his 4.3 points per game. Rider will hope to exploit their strength in free throw rate in this matchup. Their mark of 42.4 in this area ranks 2nd in the conference and 36th in the country.
- Loyola players are more experienced than Rider players (11,983 minutes played vs 9,590 minutes played).
- Even computers respect Loyola more. We have a better RPI this season than Rider (RPI: #143 vs #205).
- Loyola can actually jump, with more rebounds (37.3 per game vs 32.4 per game) than Rider this season.
- At least you keep showing up. Loyola has an average margin of victory of 9 over Rider in 13 wins since 1981.
- It's only wins and losses, but Loyola has a better overall record than Rider this season (9-5 vs 6-8).
- Robert Olson is ranked 5th in the MAAC in three-pointers.
- Loyola is better under pressure, and has defeated Rider in 6 out of the last 11 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- Dylon Cormier is ranked 33rd nationally in points, 10th in the MAAC in rebounds, and 50th nationally in steals.
- The Loyola basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Rider (100% vs 85%).
- Anthony Winbush is ranked 8th in the MAAC in rebounds.
- Jordan Latham is ranked 2nd in the MAAC in blocks.