In their last outing, despite 20 points from Devonte (DJ) Newbill, the Nittany Lions fell to Northwestern 70-54 on January 10th. In addition to a team-leading 3.9 assists per game, he chips in 14.9 points per game. For the Boilermakers, Ronnie Johnson finished with 11 points and 6 rebounds in the 74-64 loss to Ohio State on January 8th. With 3.3 assists per game and 1.3 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
- Jermaine Marshall is ranked 5th in the Big Ten in steals.
- It must sting. Penn State has blown out Purdue by 20 points or more on 3 occasions since 2000.
- Even computers respect Penn State more. We have a better RPI this season than Purdue (RPI: #127 vs #186).
- Penn State has a much lower admission rate (more selective) according to Kiplinger (52% vs 73%).
- Penn State has a much better Kiplinger Out-of-State Ranking than Purdue (#37 vs #92).
- Penn State has a much higher 4-year graduation rate than Purdue according to Kiplinger (62% vs 38%).
- At least you keep showing up. Penn State has an average margin of victory of 11 over Purdue in 10 wins since 1992.
- The Penn State scoring leader (Devonte (DJ) Newbill) has more points than the Purdue scoring leader (Terone Johnson).
- The Penn State steals leader (Jermaine Marshall) has more steals than the Purdue steals leader (Ronnie Johnson).
- Penn State players are more experienced than Purdue players (9,467 minutes played vs 7,675 minutes played).