Comparing team stats, Iona looks to have the edge in one significant category, scoring, where the Gaels have the upper hand over the Golden Griffins, 82 points per game to 74 points per game. Iona will hope to exploit their strengths, which include: effective field goal percentage at 53.8 and turnover percentage at 17.5.
- Canisius players are more experienced than Iona players (11,942 minutes played vs 7,120 minutes played).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Canisius has come back to win after being down at half against Iona 5 times since 2004.
- Harold Washington is ranked 10th in the MAAC in points.
- At least you keep showing up. Canisius has an average margin of victory of 9 over Iona in 21 wins since 1985.
- The Canisius rebounding leader (Chris Manhertz) has more rebounds than the Iona rebounding leader (Sean Armand).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Canisius currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (965 to 960) than Iona, per the NCAA.
- How does our back look? Canisius is ranked higher than Iona in the MAAC (#1 vs #9).
- The Canisius blocks leader (Jordan Heath) has more blocks than the Iona blocks leader (Shawn Jackson).
- It's only wins and losses, but Canisius has a better overall record than Iona this season (9-4 vs 7-6).
- Even computers respect Canisius more. We have a better RPI this season than Iona (RPI: #44 vs #131).
- Chris Manhertz is ranked 2nd in the MAAC in rebounds and 6th in the MAAC in blocks.