In an 83-82 win over Seattle on January 10th, Tyrone Watson put up 26 points and 6 rebounds for the Aggies. He is averaging 10.7 points per game while also contributing a team-high 3.0 assists per game. The Vandals were defeated by Denver 55-49 on January 10th despite 19 points from Stephen Madison. He is averaging 14.9 points and 4.7 rebounds per game. When considering the Four Factors, Idaho performs well in defensive rebounding percentage at 72.5. This ranks 1st in the conference and 40th in the country.
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 New Mexico State has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Idaho (1 vs 0).
- Tyrone Watson is ranked 7th in the WAC in assists.
- The New Mexico State blocks leader (Sim Bhullar) has more blocks than the Idaho blocks leader (Kyle Barone).
- New Mexico State does a better job contesting shots (39.2% allowed vs 43.9% allowed) than Idaho this season.
- New Mexico State has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 20 years (0.596 to 0.419).
- Daniel Mullings is ranked 5th in the WAC in points, 10th in the WAC in assists, and 6th in the WAC in steals.
- Sim Bhullar is ranked 5th in the WAC in blocks.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. New Mexico State has come back to win after being down at half against Idaho 7 times since 1998.
- It must sting. New Mexico State has blown out Idaho by 20 points or more on 5 occasions since 1996.
- New Mexico State players are more experienced than Idaho players (9,490 minutes played vs 7,633 minutes played).
- New Mexico State is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on New Mexico State is 225 lbs compared to 210 lbs for Idaho.