In their last match-up, Otto Porter finished with 9 points in the Hoyas 73-45 loss against Pittsburgh on January 8th. An integral part of the team, he leads the way in points (13.3), rebounds (7.7), and steals (2.0). The Red Storm were defeated by Rutgers 58-56 on January 9th despite 20 points and 5 rebounds from D`Angelo Harrison. He leads the team in points with 20.6 per game and steals with 1.8 per game. When considering the Four Factors, St. John's performs well in turnover percentage at 16.2. This ranks 2nd in the conference and 14th in the country.
St. John's StatSmack
- You get an A for effort, but Georgetown has emerged victorious against St. John's the last 3 times they've played.
- Georgetown has a much better NCSA Academic Ranking than St. John's (#23 vs #68).
- Georgetown waxed St. John's by 10 points the last time they played (Feb 12, 2012).
- Georgetown has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (0.679 to 0.451).
- Be afraid. Georgetown blew out more teams than St. John's last season (9 blowouts vs 2).
- Georgetown is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Georgetown is 211 lbs compared to 204 lbs for St. John's.
- Georgetown has a better scoring defense (54.7 allowed per game vs 65.9 allowed per game) than St. John's this season.
- Even computers respect Georgetown more. We have a better RPI this season than St. John's (RPI: #40 vs #95).
- Georgetown has more Final Four appearances over the last 10 years than St. John's (1 vs 0).
- Georgetown has a much better NCSA Power Ranking than St. John's (#12 vs #31).