In their last game, Bakari Turner put up 19 points in the Eagles 84-81 loss to Austin Peay on January 9th. He is averaging 6.2 points and 1.5 rebounds per game. For the Colonels, Corey Walden put up 20 points in the 77-65 win over Murray State on January 9th. He contributes 3.5 rebounds per game in addition to his 10.6 points per game. Areas of strength for Eastern Kentucky include: effective field goal percentage at 54.3 and turnover percentage at 18.5.
Eastern Kentucky StatSmack
- Morehead State is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Morehead State is 77.1 inches compared to 76.1 inches for Eastern Kentucky.
- The Morehead State assist leader (Devon Atkinson) has more assists than the Eastern Kentucky assist leader (Mike DiNunno).
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Morehead State has had more players drafted by the NBA than Eastern Kentucky (2 vs 0).
- Morehead State has a better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.608 to 0.564).
- Devon Atkinson is ranked 46th nationally in assists and 9th in the Ohio Valley in steals.
- Morehead State is better under pressure, and has defeated Eastern Kentucky in 8 out of the last 11 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- You get an A for effort, but Morehead State has emerged victorious against Eastern Kentucky the last 3 times they've played.
- We just win. Morehead State has more wins over the last 5 years than Eastern Kentucky (108 vs 93).
- At least you keep showing up. Morehead State has an average margin of victory of 11 over Eastern Kentucky in 37 wins since 1980.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Morehead State has a stronger schedule than Eastern Kentucky this season (SOS Rank: #64 vs #336).