Wright State 62
(13-4, 5-3 away)
Loyola (IL) 61
(10-6, 6-3 home)
Venue: Joseph J. Gentile Arena
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, January 11, 2013
||R Arceneaux 10
||C Darling 5
||R Arceneaux 3
||B Averkamp 15
||B Averkamp 6
||C Payne 4
Loyola (Chicago) let one slip away to Wright State 62-61 in conference play on Friday, January 11th. Christian Thomas picked up a double-double in a losing effort including 13 points and 11 rebounds. Devon Turk had 14 points and added three rebounds. Reggie Arceneaux finished with a career-high 29 points for the Raiders, making 6 of 10 from three-point range. The next game will be on Wednesday, January 16th when Loyola (Chicago) (10-6, 1-3 Horizon) heads to UIC (10-6, 1-2 Horizon).
Loyola (Chicago) Game Notes
- Loyola (Chicago) started 10-6 during the 2010 and 2005 seasons (since 1996).
- The Ramblers have been unlucky 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Loyola (Chicago) has lost 21 close games.
- When the opposition records 11 or more assists this season, Loyola (Chicago) has lost 86% of the time (1-6).
- When the opposition records 62 or more total points this season, Loyola (Chicago) has lost 83% of the time (1-5).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 45.1% or better this season, Loyola (Chicago) has lost 83% of the time (1-5).
- This is the 3rd loss of the season where the Ramblers opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 7th game at home this season--LCU has a 10.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Christian Thomas recorded a team season high in rebounds with 11.
- The top two scorers (Ben Averkamp and Devon Turk) accounted for 47.5% of the points.
- Christian Thomas accounted for 34.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Ben Averkamp has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 16 games this season.
- Christian Thomas has led the team in rebounding in 6 out of 16 games this season.
- Christian Thomas recorded the 3rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Christian Thomas recorded a double-double. It was the 2nd of his career.
- Devon Turk has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Wright State Game Notes
- Reggie Arceneaux recorded a team season high in three-pointers with 6 and three pointers attempted with 10.
- Cole Darling tallied a team season high in rebounds with 11, defensive rebounds with 10, and blocks with 3.
- Reggie Arceneaux accounted for 46.7% of the team's points.
- Cole Darling accounted for 39.2% of the team's rebounds.
- Reggie Arceneaux has led the team in scoring 6 times in 17 games this season.
- Cole Darling has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 17 games this season.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Reggie Arceneaux's career.
- Reggie Arceneaux set career highs with 29 points, 9 field goals made, and 6 three-pointers.
- Kendall Griffin set a career high with 6 assists.
- Cole Darling recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Cole Darling recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- Cole Darling set career highs with 11 rebounds and 10 defensive rebounds.