In their last match-up, Okaro White finished with 20 points and 9 rebounds in the Seminoles 65-62 victory over Maryland on January 9th. He is averaging 13.4 points per game and leads the team in blocks with 1.4 per game. For the Tar Heels, James Michael McAdoo finished with 14 points and 6 rebounds in the 68-59 loss to Miami (FL) on January 10th. With 14.4 points per game and 8.1 rebounds per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. North Carolina will hope to exploit their strength in offensive rebounding percentage in this matchup. Their mark of 39.0 in this area ranks 2nd in the conference and 17th in the country.
North Carolina StatSmack
- Florida State has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than North Carolina ($29,953 vs $35,614).
- The Florida State blocks leader (Okaro White) has more blocks than the North Carolina blocks leader (Desmond Hubert).
- Florida State is a better free-throw-shooting team (73.1% vs 64.3%) than North Carolina this season.
- Okaro White is ranked 9th in the ACC in blocks.
- Florida State allows fewer rebounds (33.4 allowed per game vs 38.5 allowed per game) than North Carolina this season.
- Michael Snaer is ranked 9th in the ACC in points and 8th in the ACC in three-pointers.
- You get an A for effort, but Florida State has emerged victorious against North Carolina the last 2 times they've played.
- Terrance Shannon is ranked 9th in the ACC in steals.
- At least you keep showing up. Florida State has an average margin of victory of 10 over North Carolina in 11 wins since 1984.
- Florida State beat North Carolina by 3 points the last time they played (Mar 11, 2012).