On Friday, January 11th, Utah State took on San Jose State and knocked off the Spartans 66-60 in conference action. Preston Medlin played well for the Aggies and got a season-high 25 points. Kyisean Reed had 10 points and added eight rebounds. For the Spartans, Chris Cunningham got 15 points and eight rebounds. The next game will be on Thursday, January 17th when Utah State (14-1, 5-0 WAC) goes to New Mexico State (8-8, 3-2 WAC).
Utah State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:19 left to go.
- Utah State started 14-1 during the 2008 and 2003 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over San Jose State extended the Utah State winning streak to 13 games.
- USU set a season low for steals.
- The Aggies have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 8 games.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--USU has a 9.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Preston Medlin recorded a team season high in points with 25 and free throws made with 11.
- Preston Medlin accounted for 37.8% of the team's points.
- Jarred Shaw accounted for 30.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Preston Medlin has led the team in scoring in 8 out of 15 games this season.
- Jarred Shaw has led the team in rebounding in 9 out of 15 games this season.
- This marks the 18th 20-point game of Preston Medlin's career.
- Preston Medlin has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Kyisean Reed has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Kyisean Reed had a career high with 4 blocks.
- Jarred Shaw recorded the 6th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jarred Shaw recorded a double-double. It was the 6th of his career.
San Jose State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (D.J. Brown and Chris Cunningham) accounted for 51.6% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Alex Brown and Chris Cunningham) accounted for 53.1% of the rebounds.
- Alex Brown has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 16 games this season.
- Chris Cunningham has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Alex Brown.