(10-7, 6-6 away)
Loyola (MD) 63
(12-5, 9-2 home)
Venue: Reitz Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 11, 2013
||D Needham 13
||A Sidibe 4
||D Wade 4
||D Cormier 17
||A Winbush 7
||D Cormier 2
On Friday, January 11th, Loyola (MD) defeated Fairfield 63-58 in overtime. Erik Etherly picked up his third straight game with 20 points or more for the Greyhounds, scoring a game-high 20 points (5 Reb 3 Stl) in 44 minutes. Dylon Cormier also had a good game, scoring 19 points and adding seven rebounds. Keith Matthews registered a double-double for the Stags with 13 points and 10 rebounds. Loyola (MD) (12-5, 4-1 MAAC) goes to Rider (8-9, 3-2 MAAC) on Sunday, January 13th.
Loyola (MD) Game Notes
- The last time LMDU started the season 12-5 was 2011.
- The win over Fairfield extended the Loyola (MD) winning streak to 3 games.
- LMDU beat the spread by 2.0 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Greyhounds have beaten the spread.
- Loyola (MD) has played in 2 overtime games this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Greyhounds have played in 6 overtime games with a record of 5-1.
- The Greyhounds have won 3 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Loyola (MD) has won 27 close games.
- The Greyhounds have won 75% of the time this season (6-2) after recording 39 or more rebounds.
- LMDU has won 100% of the time this season (9-0) when opponents record 58 or fewer total points.
- LMDU has won 100% of the time this season (8-0) after holding an opponent to under 38.3% field goal percentage.
- This season Loyola (MD) has won 75% of the time (6-2) when Dylon Cormier has 19 points or more and 100% of the time (4-0) when Erik Etherly has 7 field goals made or more.
- The Greyhounds set a season high for free throws made.
- The last time LMDU recorded at least 25 free throws made was Nov 17, 2011 against Maryland-Baltimore County.
- LMDU set season lows for field goals made, three-pointers, and three-point percentage.
- This is the 3rd win of the season where the Greyhounds came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--LMDU has a 9.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Erik Etherly accounted for 31.7% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Anthony Winbush and Robert Olson) accounted for 43.5% of the rebounds.
- Erik Etherly has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 17 games this season.
- Anthony Winbush has led the team in rebounding in 8 out of 17 games this season.
- This marks the 9th 20-point game of Erik Etherly's career.
- Erik Etherly has 3 straight 20+ point games.
- Robert Olson has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Robert Olson had a career high with 8 rebounds.
- Anthony Winbush had a career high with 5 assists.
- Dylon Cormier has 11 straight double-digit point games.
Fairfield Game Notes
- Fairfield lost and did not cover the spread.
- The Stags have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Fairfield has lost 25 close games.
- The top two scorers (Josip Mikulic and Keith Matthews) accounted for 50.0% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Keith Matthews and Josip Mikulic) accounted for 45.7% of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more points (33) than the starters (25).
- Keith Matthews has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 17 games this season.
- Keith Matthews recorded the 2nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Keith Matthews recorded a double-double. It was the 2nd of his career.
- Keith Matthews set career highs with 10 rebounds and 7 offensive rebounds.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Maurice Barrow.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Derek Needham.