Missouri State was smoked by No. 13 Creighton 74-52 in conference play on Friday, January 11th. This one was close at the half, with Missouri State down by five, but the Bluejays proved to be too much in the second half and ended up winning big. The Bears are still looking for their first win over an AP-Ranked team this season (0-3). The Bears were led by Tomie Aromona, who put up five points and two rebounds. Keith Pickens had 11 points and added four rebounds. Doug McDermott registered a double-double for the Bluejays with a mind-blowing 39 points and 10 rebounds. Missouri State (5-12, 3-2 The Valley) takes on Indiana State (10-5, 3-1 The Valley) on Wednesday, January 16th on the road.
Missouri State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:45 left to go.
- Prior to this game, MSU played 7 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 2-5.
- Missouri State has lost 100% of the time this season (0-7) after recording 52 or fewer total points.
- The Bears have lost 100% of the time this season (0-7) after having a field goal percentage of 37.9% or worse.
- When the opposition records 14 or more assists this season, Missouri State has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 35 or more rebounds this season, Missouri State has lost 89% of the time (1-8).
- When the opposition records 11 or more free throws made this season, Missouri State has lost 77% of the time (3-10).
- MSU set a season low for free throws made.
- The Bears have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--MSU has a 0.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Keith Pickens and Anthony Downing) accounted for 40.3% of the points.
- Keith Pickens has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 17 games this season.
- Anthony Downing has 6 straight double-digit point games.
Creighton Game Notes
- Doug McDermott recorded a team season high in points with 39 and field goals made with 15.
- Doug McDermott accounted for 52.7% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Doug McDermott and Ethan Wragge) accounted for 48.5% of the rebounds.
- Doug McDermott has led the team in scoring 13 times and in rebounding 8 times in 17 games this season.
- This marks the 42nd 20-point game of Doug McDermott's career.
- Doug McDermott has 15 straight double-digit point games.
- Doug McDermott recorded a double-double. It was his 3rd this season and 23rd of his career.
- Jahenns Manigat set a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.