(16-1, 6-0 away)
Missouri State 52
(5-12, 4-5 home)
Venue: JQH Arena
8:05PM ET / 5:05PM PT, January 11, 2013
||D McDermott 23
||D McDermott 7
||G Gibbs 5
||A Downing 14
||K Pickens 4
||A Downing 2
On Friday, January 11th, No. 13 Creighton took on Missouri State and won big against the Bears 74-52 in conference action. This was anybody's game in the first half, with Creighton up by only five at the break, but then they had a big second half to put the game away. The Bluejays got a double-double out of Doug McDermott with a staggering 39 points and 10 rebounds. Ethan Wragge had six points and added seven rebounds. For the Bears, Tomie Aromona got five points and two rebounds. The Bluejays are on an eight-game win streak. The next game will be on Tuesday, January 15th when Creighton (16-1, 5-0 The Valley) hosts Northern Iowa (7-8, 1-3 The Valley).
Creighton Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:45 left to go.
- The last time Creighton started the season 16-1 was 2002.
- The win over Missouri State extended the Creighton winning streak to 10 games.
- Creighton beat the spread by 8.0 points. That makes the 12th time this season the Bluejays have beaten the spread.
- This was the 7th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, Creighton has been on the winning end of 31 blowout games.
- The Bluejays have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 10 games.
- Doug McDermott recorded a team season high in points with 39 and field goals made with 15.
- Doug McDermott accounted for 52.7% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Doug McDermott and Ethan Wragge) accounted for 48.5% of the rebounds.
- Doug McDermott has led the team in scoring 13 times and in rebounding 8 times in 17 games this season.
- This marks the 42nd 20-point game of Doug McDermott's career.
- Doug McDermott has 15 straight double-digit point games.
- Doug McDermott recorded a double-double. It was his 3rd this season and 23rd of his career.
- Jahenns Manigat had a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.
Missouri State Game Notes
- Missouri State lost and did not cover the spread.
- This was the 4th blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, MSU has been on the losing end of 6 blowout games.
- The top two scorers (Keith Pickens and Anthony Downing) accounted for 40.3% of the points.
- Keith Pickens has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 17 games this season.
- Anthony Downing has 6 straight double-digit point games.