In their last match-up, Joe Jackson finished with 15 points in the Tigers 67-54 victory over East Carolina on January 9th. He leads the team in points with 14.0 per game and assists with 4.5 per game. For the Blazers, Rod Rucker finished with 17 points and 14 rebounds in the 64-48 loss to UCF on January 9th. He contributes a team-leading 14.3 points per game, 8.4 rebounds per game, and 1.3 steals per game.
- It must sting. Memphis has blown out UAB by 20 points or more on 5 occasions since 2001.
- The Memphis blocks leader (D.J. Stephens) has more blocks than the UAB blocks leader (Rod Rucker).
- We win when it counts, too. Memphis has more NCAA Tournament wins over the last 10 years than UAB (14 vs 3).
- The Memphis steals leader (Chris Crawford) has more steals than the UAB steals leader (Quincy Taylor).
- We just win. Memphis has more wins over the last 5 years than UAB (155 vs 114).
- It's only wins and losses, but Memphis has a better overall record than UAB this season (9-3 vs 7-6).
- Even computers respect Memphis more. We have a better RPI this season than UAB (RPI: #102 vs #124).
- Memphis players are more experienced than UAB players (11,776 minutes played vs 11,045 minutes played).
- D.J. Stephens is ranked 6th in C-USA in blocks.
- AP voters think more highly of Memphis and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than UAB (106 vs 10).
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Memphis has had more players drafted by the NBA than UAB (10 vs 2).