(10-6, 4-5 away)
(3-13, 2-6 home)
Venue: Times Union Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 11, 2013
||B Baron 17
||C Manhertz 8
||B Baron 5
||O Anosike 12
||O Anosike 12
||E Hymes 3
On Friday, January 11th, Siena just barely slipped by Canisius 57-54 in MAAC play. The Saints got the win with a game-high 20 points and four rebounds from Evan Hymes. Rakeem Brookins scored 13 points and added three rebounds. For the Golden Griffins, Billy Baron finished with 12 points and eight assists. The next game will be on Sunday, January 13th when Siena (3-13, 1-4 MAAC) welcomes St. Peter's (6-9, 1-4 MAAC).
Siena Game Notes
- The last time Siena started the season 3-13 was 2004.
- Siena beat the spread by 11.0 points. That makes the 3rd time this season the Saints have beaten the spread.
- The Saints have won 3 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Siena has won 26 close games.
- Siena set season lows for blocks and turnovers.
- Siena has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past 8 games.
- This is the 3rd win of the season where the Saints came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 7th game at home this season--Siena has a -7.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- O.D Anosike recorded a team season high in free throws made with 7.
- Evan Hymes accounted for 35.0% of the team's points.
- Evan Hymes has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 16 games this season.
- O.D Anosike has led the team in rebounding in 16 out of 16 games this season.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Evan Hymes's career.
- Evan Hymes had a career high with a 67% field goal percentage.
Canisius Game Notes
- Canisius lost and did not cover the spread.
- The Golden Griffins have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Canisius has lost 23 close games.
- The top two scorers (Isaac Sosa and Harold Washington) accounted for 46.2% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Chris Manhertz and Harold Washington) accounted for 44.4% of the rebounds.
- Isaac Sosa has led the team in scoring 5 times in 16 games this season.
- Chris Manhertz has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 16 games this season.
- Billy Baron has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Chris Manhertz recorded the 16th double-digit rebound game of his career.