(8-8, 2-7 away)
St. Peter's 58
(6-9, 3-6 home)
Venue: Yanitelli Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 11, 2013
||A Mason 18
||A Tanksley 6
||J Green 4
||D Washington 15
||Y Raymond 5
||B Ffrench 5
On Friday, January 11th, Niagara pounded St. Peter's 77-58 in MAAC play. Juan`ya Green was exceptional for the Purple Eagles and got 19 points plus seven assists. Antoine Mason had a season-high 26 points and added seven rebounds. For the Peacocks, Chris Burke finished with a career-high 17 points (6 Reb 3 Ast), including 5-of-7 shooting from three-point range. Niagara (8-8, 4-0 MAAC) takes on Fairfield (10-5, 2-2 MAAC) on Sunday, January 13th on the road.
Niagara Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:43 left to go.
- Niagara started 8-8 during the 2006 and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- NU beat the spread by 16.5 points. That makes the 5th time this season the Purple Eagles have beaten the spread.
- Niagara has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when its had a field goal percentage of 46.2% or better.
- The Purple Eagles have won 80% of the time this season (4-1) after recording 77 or more total points.
- This season Niagara has won 83% of the time (5-1) when Juan`ya Green has 19 points or more and 71% of the time (5-2) when Ameen Tanksley has 7 rebounds or more.
- The Purple Eagles have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Niagara has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- Ameen Tanksley recorded a team season high in steals with 5.
- Antoine Mason accounted for 33.7% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (T.J. Cline and Antoine Mason) accounted for 44.7% of the rebounds.
- Antoine Mason has led the team in scoring in 9 out of 16 games this season.
- T.J. Cline has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 16 games this season.
- This marks the 14th 20-point game of Antoine Mason's career.
- Antoine Mason has 16 straight double-digit point games.
- Antoine Mason had career highs with 26 points and 10 field goals made.
- Juan`ya Green has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Ameen Tanksley had a career high with 5 steals.
- T.J. Cline recorded the 3rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
St. Peter's Game Notes
- St. Peter's lost and did not cover the spread.
- This loss extended the Peacocks losing streak to 3 games.
- The top two scorers (Chris Burke and Patrick Jackson) accounted for 53.4% of the points.
- Chris Burke set career highs with 17 points, 6 field goals made, and 5 three-pointers.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Yvon Raymond.