Norfolk State appears to have a key statistical advantage over Maryland-Eastern Shore in one area, scoring, where the Spartans have an edge over the Hawks, 65 points per game to 56 points per game.
Maryland-Eastern Shore StatSmack
- The Norfolk State blocks leader (Brandon Goode) has more blocks than the Maryland-Eastern Shore blocks leader (Ron Spencer).
- Brandon Goode is ranked 9th in the MEAC in blocks.
- The Norfolk State rebounding leader (Rashid Gaston) has more rebounds than the Maryland-Eastern Shore rebounding leader (Ron Spencer).
- Norfolk State waxed Maryland-Eastern Shore by 12 points the last time they played (Feb 06, 2012).
- Norfolk State can actually jump, with more rebounds (35.5 per game vs 30.5 per game) than Maryland-Eastern Shore this season.
- We just win. Norfolk State has more wins over the last 5 years than Maryland-Eastern Shore (84 vs 38).
- Pendarvis Williams is ranked 7th in the MEAC in three-pointers.
- At least you keep showing up. Norfolk State has an average margin of victory of 10 over Maryland-Eastern Shore in 22 wins since 1998.
- Norfolk State is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Norfolk State is 78.4 inches compared to 76.2 inches for Maryland-Eastern Shore.
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Norfolk State has had more players drafted by the NBA than Maryland-Eastern Shore (1 vs 0).
- Jamel Fuentes is ranked 2nd in the MEAC in assists and 5th in the MEAC in steals.