In their last match-up, Anthony Lee finished with 15 points and 7 rebounds in the Owls 57-52 loss against Xavier on January 10th. In addition to his 12.2 points per game, he is also chipping in 7.3 rebounds per game. For the Billikens, Rob Loe finished with 20 points and 7 rebounds in the 70-62 win over Massachusetts on January 10th. He contributes 3.2 rebounds per game in addition to his 7.5 points per game. A key area of strength for Saint Louis is defensive rebounding percentage at 73.3, which ranks 1st in their conference (and 27th nationally).
Saint Louis StatSmack
- Temple takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Saint Louis (5 vs 1).
- AP voters think more highly of Temple and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Saint Louis (28 vs 1).
- Temple beat Saint Louis by 5 points the last time they played (Jan 11, 2012).
- Temple has a much lower in-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Saint Louis ($22,974 vs $43,551).
- Temple is better under pressure, and has defeated Saint Louis in 3 out of the last 4 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Temple has had more players drafted by the NBA than Saint Louis (2 vs 0).
- Even computers respect Temple more. We have a better RPI this season than Saint Louis (RPI: #34 vs #46).
- Khalif Wyatt is ranked 9th in the A-10 in assists.
- Temple has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Saint Louis ($32,802 vs $43,551).
- Will Cummings is ranked 6th in the A-10 in steals.