In their last game, Evan Roguemore put up 21 points and 6 assists in the Broncos 84-80 loss to Loyola Marymount on January 10th. In addition to a team-leading 6.4 assists per game, he chips in 13.5 points per game. In a 76-51 blowout of Pepperdine on January 10th, Brandon Davies put up 19 points and 9 rebounds for the Cougars. With 7.7 rebounds per game and 1.4 blocks per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. Brigham Young will hope to exploit their strength in turnover percentage in this matchup. Their mark of 17.4 in this area ranks 2nd in the conference and 33rd in the country.
Brigham Young StatSmack
- Raymond Cowels III is ranked 5th in the West Coast in three-pointers and 6th in the West Coast in steals.
- Santa Clara is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Santa Clara is 215 lbs compared to 201 lbs for Brigham Young.
- Evan Roguemore is ranked 10th in the West Coast in points, 7th in the West Coast in three-pointers, 10th nationally in assists, and 4th in the West Coast in steals.
- The Santa Clara blocks leader (Marc Trasolini) has more blocks than the Brigham Young blocks leader (Brandon Davies).
- Marc Trasolini is ranked 7th in the West Coast in points, 4th in the West Coast in rebounds, and 39th nationally in blocks.
- Kevin Foster is ranked 13th nationally in points, 13th nationally in three-pointers, 5th in the West Coast in assists, and 5th nationally in steals.
- Santa Clara is a better three-point shooting team (36.2% vs 31.5%) than Brigham Young this season.
- The Santa Clara three-point leader (Kevin Foster) has more three-pointers than the Brigham Young three-point leader (Tyler Haws).
- The Santa Clara steals leader (Kevin Foster) has more steals than the Brigham Young steals leader (Brandon Davies).
- Robert Garrett is ranked 2nd in the West Coast in blocks.
- Santa Clara players are more experienced than Brigham Young players (17,720 minutes played vs 9,571 minutes played).