In their last match-up, Aaric Murray finished with 12 points and 10 rebounds in the Mountaineers 57-53 victory over Texas on January 9th. He leads the team in points with 10.6 per game, rebounds with 7.5 per game, and blocks with 1.6 per game. For the Wildcats, Rodney McGruder finished with 28 points and 5 rebounds in the 73-67 win over Oklahoma State on January 5th. With 14.9 points per game and 1.2 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. One category in which Kansas State is especially proficient is offensive rebounding percentage at 42.6, ranking 1st in their conference (and 4th nationally).
Kansas State StatSmack
- The West Virginia basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Kansas State (71% vs 40%).
- Juwan Staten is ranked 6th in the Big 12 in steals.
- West Virginia is a better free-throw-shooting team (71.8% vs 65.2%) than Kansas State this season.
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, West Virginia has had more players drafted by the NBA than Kansas State (3 vs 2).
- West Virginia has more Final Four appearances over the last 10 years than Kansas State (1 vs 0).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? West Virginia currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (979 to 960) than Kansas State, per the NCAA.
- West Virginia takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Kansas State (7 vs 4).
- AP voters think more highly of West Virginia and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Kansas State (76 vs 48).
- West Virginia beat Kansas State by 5 points the last time they played (Dec 08, 2011).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. West Virginia has a stronger schedule than Kansas State this season (SOS Rank: #39 vs #218).
- The West Virginia steals leader (Juwan Staten) has more steals than the Kansas State steals leader (Rodney McGruder).