In their last match-up, Ben McLemore finished with 33 points in the Jayhawks 97-89 victory over Iowa State on January 9th. At 16.4, he paces the team in points per game. For the Red Raiders, Jaye Crockett finished with 13 points and 5 rebounds in the 82-48 loss to Baylor on January 8th. With 14.0 points per game and 8.2 rebounds per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Texas Tech StatSmack
- Jeff Withey is ranked 6th in the Big 12 in rebounds and 2nd nationally in blocks.
- AP voters think more highly of Kansas and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Texas Tech (184 vs 17).
- The Kansas assist leader (Elijah Johnson) has more assists than the Texas Tech assist leader (Josh Gray).
- Kansas is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Kansas is 205 lbs compared to 198 lbs for Texas Tech.
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Kansas has had more players drafted by the NBA than Texas Tech (16 vs 1).
- Elijah Johnson is ranked 5th in the Big 12 in assists.
- Even computers respect Kansas more. We have a better RPI this season than Texas Tech (RPI: #3 vs #290).
- It's only wins and losses, but Kansas has a better overall record than Texas Tech this season (11-1 vs 7-4).
- Kansas does a better job contesting shots (34.7% allowed vs 44.6% allowed) than Texas Tech this season.
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 Kansas has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Texas Tech (23 vs 0).
- We win when it counts, too. Kansas has more NCAA Tournament wins over the last 10 years than Texas Tech (28 vs 3).