In spite of 27 points and 10 rebounds from Davon Usher, the Delta Devils came up short 69-65 against Alabama State on January 8th. At 17.4, he paces the team in points per game. In an 80-46 blowout of Grambling State on January 8th, Anthony Nieves put up 18 points for the Braves. He is averaging 12.6 points and 3.3 rebounds per game.
Alcorn State StatSmack
- Mississippi Valley State has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (0.442 to 0.242).
- It must sting. Mississippi Valley State has blown out Alcorn State by 20 points or more on 4 occasions since 2003.
- Mississippi Valley State can actually jump, with more rebounds (34.2 per game vs 31.0 per game) than Alcorn State this season.
- Winning is in our blood. Mississippi Valley State had a better record in close games than Alcorn State last season (7-3 vs 4-6).
- You get an A for effort, but Mississippi Valley State has emerged victorious against Alcorn State the last 4 times they've played.
- We just win. Mississippi Valley State has more wins over the last 5 years than Alcorn State (67 vs 32).
- Davon Usher is ranked 8th in the SWAC in points and 10th in the SWAC in three-pointers.
- Mississippi Valley State beat Alcorn State by 8 points the last time they played (Feb 11, 2012).
- The Mississippi Valley State rebounding leader (Matt Smith) has more rebounds than the Alcorn State rebounding leader (Josh Nicholas).
- At least you keep showing up. Mississippi Valley State has an average margin of victory of 12 over Alcorn State in 32 wins since 1980.
- Mississippi Valley State takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Alcorn State (2 vs 0).