In their last match-up on January 5th, Aleksejs Rostov put up 17 points for the Hilltoppers in a loss to Arkansas State, 75-61. He is averaging 3.1 points and 1.3 rebounds per game. For the Owls, Greg Gantt put up 23 points in the 62-52 loss to Middle Tennessee State on January 10th. His 22.4 points per game is the highest mark on the team.
Florida Atlantic StatSmack
- The Western Kentucky assist leader (Jamal Crook) has more assists than the Florida Atlantic assist leader (Jackson Trapp).
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Western Kentucky has had more players drafted by the NBA than Florida Atlantic (2 vs 0).
- T.J. Price is ranked 8th in the Sun Belt in points and 5th in the Sun Belt in three-pointers.
- Western Kentucky takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Florida Atlantic (4 vs 0).
- The Western Kentucky steals leader (Jamal Crook) has more steals than the Florida Atlantic steals leader (Jackson Trapp).
- Jamal Crook is ranked 10th in the Sun Belt in points, 3rd in the Sun Belt in assists, and 6th in the Sun Belt in steals.
- George Fant is ranked 7th in the Sun Belt in rebounds and 10th in the Sun Belt in blocks.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Western Kentucky currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (944 to 941) than Florida Atlantic, per the NCAA.
- At least you keep showing up. Western Kentucky has an average margin of victory of 11 over Florida Atlantic in 10 wins since 2006.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Western Kentucky has a stronger schedule than Florida Atlantic this season (SOS Rank: #134 vs #327).