The Hokies were defeated by Boston College 86-75 on January 9th despite 24 points and 9 assists from Erick Green. He contributes team-best marks with 24.8 points per game, 4.5 assists per game, and 1.6 steals per game. For the Yellow Jackets, Daniel Miller put up 15 points and 10 rebounds in the 83-70 loss to NC State on January 9th. He averages 7.3 points per game in addition to a team-best 2.5 blocks per game.
Georgia Tech StatSmack
- Virginia Tech has a much better Kiplinger Out-of-State Ranking than Georgia Tech (#32 vs #50).
- Virginia Tech has a more potent offense, scoring more points (77.1 per game vs 66.6 per game) than Georgia Tech this season.
- You get an A for effort, but Virginia Tech has emerged victorious against Georgia Tech the last 3 times they've played.
- Blacksburg isn't as congested as Atlanta (population is significantly lower).
- The Virginia Tech three-point leader (Jarell Eddie) has more three-pointers than the Georgia Tech three-point leader (Mfon Udofia).
- Virginia Tech beat Georgia Tech by 1 point the last time they played (Feb 18, 2012).
- The Virginia Tech rebounding leader (Jarell Eddie) has more rebounds than the Georgia Tech rebounding leader (Robert Carter).
- Virginia Tech has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Georgia Tech ($30,017 vs $36,672).
- The Virginia Tech basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Georgia Tech (75% vs 36%).