Kentucky has a statistical advantage in two significant areas. The Wildcats have the upper hand over the Aggies in blocked shots, seven per game to three per game. In addition, Kentucky has an advantage in scoring, 77 points per game to 66 points per game.
Texas A&M StatSmack
- We just win. Kentucky has more wins over the last 5 years than Texas A&M (150 vs 120).
- Be afraid. Kentucky has blown out more teams than Texas A&M this season (6 blowouts vs 1).
- Kentucky is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Kentucky is 212 lbs compared to 202 lbs for Texas A&M.
- Kentucky takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Texas A&M (9 vs 6).
- Even computers respect Kentucky more. We have a better RPI this season than Texas A&M (RPI: #51 vs #71).
- Diaper Dandies love us. Kentucky has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Texas A&M (38 vs 2).
- Willie Cauley-Stein is ranked 3rd in the SEC in blocks.
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Kentucky has had more players drafted by the NBA than Texas A&M (19 vs 5).
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 Kentucky has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Texas A&M (32 vs 3).
- We win when it counts, too. Kentucky has more NCAA Tournament wins over the last 10 years than Texas A&M (22 vs 6).
- The Kentucky assist leader (Archie Goodwin) has more assists than the Texas A&M assist leader (Alex Caruso).