Iowa State has a statistical advantage over Texas in one significant category, scoring, where the Cyclones have an edge over the Longhorns, 82 points per game to 64 points per game.
- Melvin Ejim is ranked 30th nationally in rebounds and 10th in the Big 12 in steals.
- The Iowa State three-point leader (Tyrus McGee) has more three-pointers than the Texas three-point leader (Julien Lewis).
- At least you keep showing up. Iowa State has an average margin of victory of 9 over Texas in 8 wins since 1981.
- Tyrus McGee is ranked 6th in the Big 12 in points, 19th nationally in three-pointers, and 6th in the Big 12 in steals.
- Iowa State is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Iowa State is 223 lbs compared to 214 lbs for Texas.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Iowa State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (943 to 1000) than Texas, per the NCAA.
- Korie Lucious is ranked 6th in the Big 12 in three-pointers and 42nd nationally in assists.
- Iowa State is a better shooting team (45.8% vs 40.2%) than Texas this season.
- Iowa State has a much lower in-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Texas ($15,483 vs $20,404).
- Iowa State allows fewer rebounds (32.5 allowed per game vs 36.7 allowed per game) than Texas this season.