In a 75-71 win over Texas A&M-Corpus Christi on January 10th, Desharick Guidry put up 16 points and 9 rebounds for the Cowboys. He leads the team in points with 12.1 per game and rebounds with 8.4 per game. For the Bearkats, Terrance Motley put up 14 points and 8 rebounds in the 68-57 win over Lamar on January 10th. He is averaging 8.3 points per game and leads the team in rebounds with 5.9 per game. From a tempo-free perspective, Sam Houston State is strong in defensive rebounding percentage at 73.2. This is good enough for 2nd in the conference and 30th in the nation.
Sam Houston State StatSmack
- The McNeese State assist leader (Dontae Cannon) has more assists than the Sam Houston State assist leader (Darius Gatson).
- Kevin Hardy is ranked 6th in the Southland in assists, 2nd in the Southland in steals, and 7th in the Southland in blocks.
- The McNeese State scoring leader (Desharick Guidry) has more points than the Sam Houston State scoring leader (Darius Gatson).
- You get an A for effort, but McNeese State has emerged victorious against Sam Houston State the last 2 times they've played.
- The McNeese State steals leader (Kevin Hardy) has more steals than the Sam Houston State steals leader (Darius Gatson).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? McNeese State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (959 to 938) than Sam Houston State, per the NCAA.
- Austin Lewis is ranked 4th in the Southland in blocks.
- Jeremie Mitchell is ranked 7th in the Southland in three-pointers and 5th in the Southland in steals.
- The McNeese State blocks leader (Austin Lewis) has more blocks than the Sam Houston State blocks leader (Michael Holyfield).
- Desharick Guidry is ranked 2nd in the Southland in rebounds and 10th in the Southland in blocks.
- McNeese State beat Sam Houston State by 6 points the last time they played (Feb 01, 2012).