The Catamounts were defeated by Boston University 63-53 on January 8th despite 17 points and 5 rebounds from Sandro Carissimo. He is averaging 9.9 points and 3.4 rebounds per game. For the Retrievers, Ryan Cook finished with 21 points and 8 rebounds in the 68-57 win over New Hampshire on January 9th. With 15.8 points per game and 6.4 rebounds per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Maryland-Baltimore County StatSmack
- It's only wins and losses, but Vermont has a better overall record than Maryland-Baltimore County this season (8-5 vs 2-12).
- Vermont allows fewer rebounds (31.8 allowed per game vs 37.4 allowed per game) than Maryland-Baltimore County this season.
- Vermont takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Maryland-Baltimore County (5 vs 1).
- Vermont has a much better Kiplinger In-State Ranking than Maryland-Baltimore County (#72 vs #91).
- Ethan O`Day is ranked 5th in the America East in blocks.
- At least you keep showing up. Vermont has an average margin of victory of 17 over Maryland-Baltimore County in 18 wins since 2003.
- It must sting. Vermont has blown out Maryland-Baltimore County by 20 points or more on 8 occasions since 2003.
- Vermont is a better free-throw-shooting team (71.5% vs 63.6%) than Maryland-Baltimore County this season.
- The Vermont blocks leader (Ethan O`Day) has more blocks than the Maryland-Baltimore County blocks leader (Brett Roseboro).
- You get an A for effort, but Vermont has emerged victorious against Maryland-Baltimore County the last 9 times they've played.