In their last match-up on January 10th, Tyler Haws put up 24 points as the Cougars ran it up on Pepperdine 76-51. With 21.3 points per game, he leads the team in scoring average. For the Broncos, Brandon Clark put up 17 points and 6 rebounds in the 84-80 loss to Loyola Marymount on January 10th. He contributes 2.8 assists per game in addition to his 6.9 points per game. Santa Clara ranks 1st in their conference in turnover percentage at 17.0, which also places them 27th in the country.
Santa Clara StatSmack
- AP voters think more highly of Brigham Young and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Santa Clara (65 vs 0).
- At least you keep showing up. Brigham Young has an average margin of victory of 13 over Santa Clara in 6 wins since 1986.
- People just expect us to beat you. Brigham Young has been the favorite 4 out of the last 4 times.
- Diaper Dandies love us. Brigham Young has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Santa Clara (5 vs 0).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Brigham Young currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (985 to 959) than Santa Clara, per the NCAA.
- Brandon Davies is ranked 8th nationally in points, 3rd in the West Coast in rebounds, 6th in the West Coast in steals, and 3rd in the West Coast in blocks.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Brigham Young has a stronger schedule than Santa Clara this season (SOS Rank: #29 vs #174).
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 Brigham Young has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Santa Clara (1 vs 0).
- Brigham Young embarrassed Santa Clara by 15 points the last time they played (Feb 18, 2012).
- You get an A for effort, but Brigham Young has emerged victorious against Santa Clara the last 6 times they've played.
- Brigham Young has a significantly better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.794 to 0.476).