In spite of 20 points and 6 rebounds from Matt Van Scyoc, the Citadel Bulldogs came up short 70-65 against Chattanooga on January 10th. He is averaging 10.9 points and 4.1 rebounds per game. For the Samford Bulldogs, Clide Geffrard Jr. finished with 10 points in the 62-57 win over College of Charleston on January 10th. He contributes 4.3 rebounds per game in addition to his 9.8 points per game.
- Citadel can actually jump, with more rebounds (32.4 per game vs 28.9 per game) than Samford this season.
- Marshall Harris III is ranked 4th in SoCon in assists.
- Mike Groselle is ranked 7th in SoCon in rebounds.
- Citadel has a more potent offense, scoring more points (65.2 per game vs 58.8 per game) than Samford this season.
- Citadel is a better free-throw-shooting team (72.4% vs 63.7%) than Samford this season.
- Citadel waxed Samford by 11 points the last time they played (Jan 07, 2012).
- Citadel has a better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.406 to 0.384).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Citadel currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (973 to 1000) than Samford, per the NCAA.
- You get an A for effort, but Citadel has emerged victorious against Samford the last 5 times they've played.
- At least you keep showing up. Citadel has an average margin of victory of 10 over Samford in 7 wins since 1991.
- Citadel is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Citadel is 207 lbs compared to 190 lbs for Samford.