On Tuesday, December 11th, North Dakota State lost to No. 13 Minnesota 70-57. With the loss, the Bison remain winless versus AP-Ranked teams at 0-2 for the season. Lawrence Alexander put up a season-high 19 points on 60% shooting in the loss. Marshall Bjorklund also had a solid outing, scoring 12 points and adding six rebounds. Trevor Mbakwe registered a double-double for the Golden Gophers on 14 points and 18 rebounds. North Dakota State (8-3, 0-0 Summit League) travels to Towson (4-5, 0-0 CAA) on Saturday, December 15th.
North Dakota State Game Notes
- The last time NDSU started the season 8-3 was 2011.
- NDSU beat the spread by 1.5 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Bison have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, NDSU played 3 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 0-3.
- When the opposition records 7 or more three-pointers this season, North Dakota State has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 14 or more assists this season, North Dakota State has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 70 or more total points this season, North Dakota State has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- NDSU set season lows for field goals made, rebounds, and total points.
- The Bison have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Lawrence Alexander accounted for 33.3% of the team's points.
- Marshall Bjorklund has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 11 games this season.
- Taylor Braun has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Taylor Braun.
Minnesota Game Notes
- Minnesota won, but did not cover the spread.
- Trevor Mbakwe recorded a team season high in rebounds with 18 and defensive rebounds with 12.
- The top two scorers (Rodney Williams and Trevor Mbakwe) accounted for 47.1% of the points.
- Trevor Mbakwe accounted for 41.8% of the team's rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (27) than the starters (11).
- Rodney Williams has led the team in scoring 5 times in 12 games this season.
- Trevor Mbakwe has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 12 games this season.
- Andre Hollins has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Trevor Mbakwe recorded the 28th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Trevor Mbakwe recorded a double-double. It was his 2nd this season and 25th of his career.
- Trevor Mbakwe set career highs with 18 rebounds and 12 defensive rebounds.