North Dakota State 57
(8-3, 3-3 away)
(13) Minnesota 70
(11-1, 9-1 home)
Venue: Williams Arena
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, December 11, 2012
|North Dakota State
|North Dakota State
||T Braun 15
||T Braun 6
||L Alexander 3
||A Hollins 13
||T Mbakwe 7
||A Hollins 3
On Tuesday, December 11th, No. 13 Minnesota topped North Dakota State 70-57. The Golden Gophers got a double-double out of Trevor Mbakwe with 14 points and 18 rebounds. Rodney Williams had a season-high 19 points and added six rebounds. For the Bison, Lawrence Alexander finished with a season-high 19 points on 60% shooting. Minnesota (11-1, 0-0 Big Ten) welcomes Lafayette (4-8, 0-0 Patriot) on Saturday, December 22nd.
Minnesota Game Notes
- Minnesota started 11-1 during the 2011, 2010, and 2000 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over North Dakota State extended the Minnesota winning streak to 7 games.
- Minnesota set a season low for field goal percentage.
- The Golden Gophers have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- Minnesota has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 7th game at home this season--Minnesota has a 24.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Trevor Mbakwe recorded a team season high in rebounds with 18 and defensive rebounds with 12.
- The top two scorers (Rodney Williams and Trevor Mbakwe) accounted for 47.1% of the points.
- Trevor Mbakwe accounted for 41.8% of the team's rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (27) than the starters (11).
- Rodney Williams has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 12 games this season.
- Trevor Mbakwe has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 12 games this season.
- Andre Hollins has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Trevor Mbakwe recorded the 28th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Trevor Mbakwe recorded a double-double. It was his 2nd this season and 25th of his career.
- Trevor Mbakwe had career highs with 18 rebounds and 12 defensive rebounds.
North Dakota State Game Notes
- Lawrence Alexander accounted for 33.3% of the team's points.
- Marshall Bjorklund has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 11 games this season.
- Taylor Braun has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Taylor Braun.