In their last match-up, Jamal Olasewere finished with 16 points and 9 rebounds in the Blackbirds 86-75 loss against Wagner on January 10th. With 7.8 rebounds per game and 1.7 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. The Mountaineers were defeated by St. Francis (NY) 70-56 on January 10th despite 6 points and 5 assists from Josh Castellanos. He is averaging 5.2 points per game and leads the team in assists with 3.9 per game.
Mount St. Mary's StatSmack
- Julian Boyd is ranked 10th in the NEC in points and 6th in the NEC in blocks.
- The Long Island rebounding leader (Jamal Olasewere) has more rebounds than the Mount St. Mary's rebounding leader (Kristijan Krajina).
- At least you keep showing up. Long Island has an average margin of victory of 9 over Mount St. Mary's in 24 wins since 1988.
- Long Island can actually jump, with more rebounds (34.0 per game vs 23.6 per game) than Mount St. Mary's this season.
- You get an A for effort, but Long Island has emerged victorious against Mount St. Mary's the last 5 times they've played.
- The Long Island scoring leader (Jamal Olasewere) has more points than the Mount St. Mary's scoring leader (Rashad Whack).
- Long Island players are more experienced than Mount St. Mary's players (14,658 minutes played vs 11,090 minutes played).
- Long Island is a better shooting team (45.2% vs 40.1%) than Mount St. Mary's this season.
- We just win. Long Island has more wins over the last 5 years than Mount St. Mary's (102 vs 78).
- Long Island does a better job contesting shots (50.9% allowed vs 58.0% allowed) than Mount St. Mary's this season.
- Brandon Thompson is ranked 10th in the NEC in three-pointers.