In their last match-up on January 8th, Quinn Cook put up 27 points and 5 rebounds as the Blue Devils ran it up on Clemson 68-40. With 6.2 assists per game and 1.8 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. For the Wolfpack, Lorenzo Brown finished with 21 points and 5 rebounds in the 83-70 win over Georgia Tech on January 9th. He leads the team in assists with 7.1 per game and steals with 2.1 per game. NC State can be found near the top of the conference standings in the following categories: effective field goal percentage at 57.5 and free throw rate at 45.1.
NC State StatSmack
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 Duke has recruited more Top 50 high school players than NC State (36 vs 15).
- Tyler Thornton is ranked 3rd in the ACC in steals.
- We win when it counts, too. Duke has more NCAA Tournament wins over the last 10 years than NC State (21 vs 6).
- Seth Curry is ranked 8th in the ACC in points and 5th in the ACC in three-pointers.
- At least you keep showing up. Duke has an average margin of victory of 14 over NC State in 48 wins since 1980.
- Duke has a much lower admission rate (more selective) according to Kiplinger (19% vs 55%).
- Duke is a better free-throw-shooting team (72.5% vs 65.9%) than NC State this season.
- Duke has a much higher 4-year graduation rate than NC State according to Kiplinger (88% vs 37%).
- The only thing that matters. Duke has more NCAA Championships over the last 10 years than NC State (1 vs 0).