In their last outing, despite 14 points and 5 rebounds from David Kravish, the Golden Bears fell to Washington 62-47 on January 9th. He contributes a team-high 7.4 rebounds per game and 1.6 blocks per game. For the Cougars, Brock Motum finished with 29 points in the 78-67 loss to Stanford on January 9th. He puts up a team-leading 19.8 points per game, 6.4 rebounds per game, and 0.9 blocks per game.
Washington State StatSmack
- California takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Washington State (5 vs 2).
- Justin Cobbs is ranked 7th in the Pac 12 in points and 7th in the Pac 12 in assists.
- Diaper Dandies love us. California has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Washington State (4 vs 0).
- California players are more experienced than Washington State players (10,757 minutes played vs 8,921 minutes played).
- California is better under pressure, and has defeated Washington State in 7 out of the last 12 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- California has a much lower average debt at graduation according to Kiplinger than Washington State ($14,493 vs $20,544).
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, California has had more players drafted by the NBA than Washington State (3 vs 2).
- California can actually jump, with more rebounds (40.3 per game vs 36.2 per game) than Washington State this season.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. California has a stronger schedule than Washington State this season (SOS Rank: #72 vs #282).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. California has come back to win after being down at half against Washington State 4 times since 1996.
- California has a much lower admission rate (more selective) according to Kiplinger (22% vs 76%).