In their last match-up, Josh Freelove finished with 16 points and 6 rebounds in the Hornets 69-65 victory over Mississippi Valley State on January 8th. He leads the team with 12.3 points per game. For the Bulldogs, Demarquelle Tabb put up 16 points and 12 rebounds in the 77-61 loss to Arkansas-Pine Bluff on January 8th. He leads the team in points with 12.9 per game, rebounds with 9.0 per game, and blocks with 1.6 per game.
Alabama A&M StatSmack
- Alabama State is a better three-point shooting team (31.3% vs 25.9%) than Alabama A&M this season.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Alabama State has a stronger schedule than Alabama A&M this season (SOS Rank: #186 vs #217).
- We just win. Alabama State has more wins over the last 5 years than Alabama A&M (89 vs 57).
- Jamel Waters is ranked 6th in the SWAC in assists and 4th in the SWAC in steals.
- The Alabama State steals leader (Jamel Waters) has more steals than the Alabama A&M steals leader (Green Hill).
- Alabama State has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.486 to 0.355).
- Luther Page is ranked 8th in the SWAC in rebounds and 6th in the SWAC in blocks.
- Alabama State takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Alabama A&M (3 vs 1).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Alabama State has come back to win after being down at half against Alabama A&M 8 times since 2000.
- At least you keep showing up. Alabama State has an average margin of victory of 11 over Alabama A&M in 30 wins since 1983.
- Alabama State waxed Alabama A&M by 10 points the last time they played (Feb 11, 2012).