In their last match-up, Anthony Nieves finished with 18 points in the Braves 80-46 blowout of Grambling State on January 8th. While contributing 3.3 rebounds per game, he also scores 12.6 points per game. For the Delta Devils, Davon Usher finished with 27 points and 10 rebounds in the 69-65 loss to Alabama State on January 8th. His 17.4 points per game is the highest mark on the team.
Mississippi Valley State StatSmack
- At least you keep showing up. Alcorn State has an average margin of victory of 7 over Mississippi Valley State in 36 wins since 1980.
- Alcorn State players are more experienced than Mississippi Valley State players (7,179 minutes played vs 2,226 minutes played).
- The Alcorn State blocks leader (Josh Nicholas) has more blocks than the Mississippi Valley State blocks leader (Matt Smith).
- Alcorn State is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Alcorn State is 205 lbs compared to 195 lbs for Mississippi Valley State.
- Alcorn State does a better job contesting shots (40.5% allowed vs 47.2% allowed) than Mississippi Valley State this season.
- Josh Nicholas is ranked 2nd in the SWAC in blocks.
- Anthony Evans is ranked 7th in the SWAC in three-pointers, 10th in the SWAC in assists, and 2nd in the SWAC in steals.
- Alcorn State is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Alcorn State is 78.8 inches compared to 75.2 inches for Mississippi Valley State.
- Even computers respect Alcorn State more. We have a better RPI this season than Mississippi Valley State (RPI: #220 vs #254).