The 13 points by Jared Berggren helped the Badgers to a 47-41 victory over Nebraska on January 6th. He leads the team in points with 13.4 per game and blocks with 2.1 per game. For the Fighting Illini, Nnanna Egwu finished with 8 points and 9 rebounds in the 84-67 loss to Minnesota on January 9th. He is averaging 6.3 points per game and leads the team in blocks with 1.4 per game.
- Ben Brust is ranked 10th in the Big Ten in rebounds and 7th in the Big Ten in three-pointers.
- You get an A for effort, but Wisconsin has emerged victorious against Illinois the last 3 times they've played.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Wisconsin currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (965 to 952) than Illinois, per the NCAA.
- At least you keep showing up. Wisconsin has an average margin of victory of 11 over Illinois in 26 wins since 1980.
- Wisconsin has a better scoring defense (56.3 allowed per game vs 65.1 allowed per game) than Illinois this season.
- We just win. Wisconsin has more wins over the last 5 years than Illinois (135 vs 111).
- Jared Berggren is ranked 1st in the Big Ten in blocks.
- Ryan Evans is ranked 5th in the Big Ten in rebounds.
- Wisconsin has a much lower in-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Illinois ($17,777 vs $24,554).
- Wisconsin has a much better Kiplinger Out-of-State Ranking than Illinois (#11 vs #42).
- Wisconsin has a much better NCSA Athletic Ranking than Illinois (#21 vs #35).