Arizona State 72
(14-2, 3-0 away)
Oregon State 62
(10-5, 9-4 home)
Venue: Gill Coliseum
11:30PM ET / 8:30PM PT, January 10, 2013
||J Carson 16
||C Felix 8
||J Carson 5
||R Nelson 15
||E Moreland 11
||J Burton 3
On Thursday, January 10th, Arizona State got a win on the road against Oregon State 72-62 in conference play. Carrick Felix picked up a double-double in the win including 18 points and 14 rebounds. Jahii Carson also had an outstanding game, scoring a game-high 20 points and adding four assists. Devon Collier finished with a team-high 18 points and eight rebounds for the Beavers. The Sun Devils are on a five-game win streak. Arizona State (13-2, 3-0 Pac 12) gets Oregon (13-2, 2-0 Pac 12) on the road on Sunday, January 13th.
Arizona State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:32 left to go.
- Arizona State started 14-2 during the 2008 and 2007 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Oregon State extended the Arizona State winning streak to 6 games.
- ASU beat the spread by 15.0 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Sun Devils have beaten the spread.
- The Sun Devils have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 29 or more field goals made.
- ASU has won 100% of the time this season (8-0) when opponents record 62 or fewer total points.
- ASU has won 100% of the time this season (9-0) after holding an opponent to under 37.3% field goal percentage.
- This season Arizona State has won 89% of the time (8-1) when Jordan Bachynski has 10 points or more, 100% of the time (6-0) when Jonathan Gilling plays 37 minutes or more, and 100% of the time (6-0) when Carrick Felix has 7 field goals made or more.
- The Sun Devils set a season high for rebounds.
- The last time ASU recorded at least 49 rebounds was Nov 25, 2010 against Houston Baptist.
- The Sun Devils have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 6 games.
- Jahii Carson recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 19.
- The top two scorers (Jahii Carson and Carrick Felix) accounted for 52.7% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Carrick Felix and Jordan Bachynski) accounted for 46.9% of the rebounds.
- Jahii Carson has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 16 games this season.
- Carrick Felix has led the team in rebounding in 6 out of 16 games this season.
- This marks the 6th 20-point game of Jahii Carson's career.
- Carrick Felix recorded the 6th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Carrick Felix has 15 straight double-digit point games.
- Carrick Felix recorded a double-double. It was the 5th of his career.
- Carrick Felix had a career high with 14 rebounds.
- Jordan Bachynski has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Oregon State Game Notes
- Oregon State lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Devon Collier and Ahmad Starks) accounted for 45.1% of the points.
- Jarmal Reid accounted for 31.4% of the team's rebounds.
- Devon Collier has led the team in scoring 4 times in 15 games this season.
- Devon Collier has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Ahmad Starks has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Jarmal Reid recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Jarmal Reid.