Saint Mary's 78
(12-4, 2-3 away)
(9) Gonzaga 83
(16-1, 12-1 home)
Venue: McCarthey Athletic Center
11:00PM ET / 8:00PM PT, January 10, 2013
||M Dellavedova 17
||M Young 5
||M Dellavedova 6
||K Olynyk 18
||E Harris 6
||K Pangos 3
On Thursday, January 10th, No. 9 Gonzaga took on Saint Mary's and topped the Gaels 83-78 in conference play. Gonzaga was up 46-28 at the half and then held on in the second half to get the victory. The Bulldogs were led by Kelly Olynyk, who got a game-high 31 points plus eight rebounds. Kevin Pangos had 22 points (3 Ast 3 Stl). For the Gaels, Beau Levesque finished with 14 points and five rebounds. The next game will be on Thursday, January 17th when Gonzaga (16-1, 3-0 West Coast) travels to Portland (7-10, 0-2 West Coast).
Gonzaga Game Notes
- The win over Saint Mary's extended the Gonzaga winning streak to 7 games.
- The Bulldogs have won 3 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Gonzaga has won 25 close games.
- Zags set season lows for blocks, rebounds, and turnovers.
- The Bulldogs have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 4 games.
- Gonzaga has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--Zags has a 22.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Kelly Olynyk recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 19.
- Kelly Olynyk accounted for 37.3% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Kelly Olynyk and Elias Harris) accounted for 51.8% of the rebounds.
- Kelly Olynyk has led the team in scoring 5 times and in rebounding 8 times in 17 games this season.
- This marks the 9th 20-point game of Kevin Pangos's career.
- This marks the 6th 20-point game of Kelly Olynyk's career.
- Kelly Olynyk has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- David Stockton had a career high with 7 assists.
- Elias Harris has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Saint Mary's Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Stephen Holt and Beau Levesque) accounted for 47.4% of the points.
- Stephen Holt has led the team in scoring 4 times in 16 games this season.
- Brad Waldow has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 16 games this season.
- This marks the 4th 20-point game of Stephen Holt's career.
- Stephen Holt set career highs with 23 points and 9 field goals made.
- Beau Levesque has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Beau Levesque.
|C||J. Walker III||27||2||3||1||1||1||0|
|-||Guy Landry Edi||5||0||1||0||0||0||0|